Monday, April 16, 2007

Characteristics of Quality Leaders

(I taught this to final year Engineering students when I was working as an Assistant Professor in a college. I am sharing here with you now.)

(from ‘ Race without a finish Line’ by Warren H.Schmidt and Jerome P. Finnigan. In fact I did not use this book directly to teach. The book I used had this reference. Thanks to them)

They give priority to internal as well as external customers.
They empower, rather than control, subordinates.
They emphasize improvement rather than maintenance.
They emphasize prevention
They encourage collaboration rather than competition.
They train and coach, rather than direct and supervise.
They learn from problems.
They continually try to improve communications.
They continually demonstrate their commitment to quality.
They choose suppliers based on quality not by price.
They establish organizational systems to support the quality effort.They encourage and recognize team effort.

No comments: